Sichuan landslide

Updated: 12/12/2018 3:18:18 AM
The death toll has risen to five after a landslide hit a county in southwest China's Sichuan Province Sunday afternoon, local authorities said Tuesday.
Rescuers found the body of a previously missing victim at around 2 p.m. Tuesday at the site of the landslide in Xuyong County in the city of Luzhou, according to the county's publicity department.
So far, five people have died and another seven have been injured. The injured are being treated in local hospitals.
Source: DORRIS

Published Monday, December 10, 2018

Twelve people were estimated buried after a landslide caused three houses to collapse Sunday afternoon in southwest China's Sichuan Province, Trend reports citing Xinhua.

Five people had been pulled out of the debris in Fenshui township in Xuyong county by 8 p.m., but one died en route to the hospital, Tang Jie, the county head leading rescue efforts at the scene, told Xinhua.

Seven remained trapped in the landslide that occurred at about 5 p.m. and more than 600 rescuers were racing against the clock to reach more survivors.

Through ways including shouting to the buried, rescuers confirmed there were still signs of life amid the debris.

Of the 12 people, eight were local residents and four were renters, Tang said.
Source: DORRIS